FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotels.com silver rewards
View Single Post
Old Nov 3, 2018, 12:24 pm
samwise6222

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
Originally Posted by Brook100
Hello,

I did not realise they even had a tier system, but upon booking a hotel in Miami on hotels.com (Nautilus SoBe to be exact) and I apparently have complimentary drinks as part of my booking. Has anyone had experience of this with hotels.com and what actually happens when you check in?

Thanks
Originally Posted by dimon84
Sorry to spoil your optimism, but I am pretty sure that hotel just gives comp drinks to everyone on arrival. Happened to me 4-5 times before. I later went to hotel's website and booking.com all rates advertised welcome drinks.
FWIW, as a hotels.com & expedia gold, I've received
- waived wifi fee (South America)
- waived gym fee (Japan)
- comp continental breakfast (Korea)
- one category room upgrade (China)

(generally none at any of the chains)

with a welcome letter that stated "Thanks for being Expedia Rewards Gold+ and here are your benefits"

You generally get *something* if you book any of the hotels with +++ signs like this

One thing I tried to figure out was if there's any way to know what perks they will provide before checking in... and the answer is no as hotels have full discretion what to give you when you check-in.

TLDR;
1) I check expedia for hotels that give special perks to expedia golds
2) I book through hotels.com as expedia gold (as I like their reward structure better)
3) i get some benefits w/ welcome letter that calls me "expedia gold" even though I booked through hotels.com

Last edited by samwise6222; Nov 3, 2018 at 12:36 pm