Hotels.com silver rewards

Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Hotels.com silver rewards

Hello,

I did not realise they even had a tier system, but upon booking a hotel in Miami on hotels.com (Nautilus SoBe to be exact) and I apparently have complimentary drinks as part of my booking. Has anyone had experience of this with hotels.com and what actually happens when you check in?

Thanks

Last edited by Brook100; Oct 19, 2018 at 7:22 am Reason: mention of hotels.com!
Old Oct 19, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Sorry to spoil your optimism, but I am pretty sure that hotel just gives comp drinks to everyone on arrival. Happened to me 4-5 times before. I later went to hotel's website and booking.com all rates advertised welcome drinks.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
But there is something new of this nature (new status perks) at hotels.com, because I definitely saw it in a recent email. The upper status levels include bonuses such as free drinks, free parking, free late checkout and such like. So it certainly exists.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dimon84
Sorry to spoil your optimism, but I am pretty sure that hotel just gives comp drinks to everyone on arrival. Happened to me 4-5 times before. I later went to hotel's website and booking.com all rates advertised welcome drinks.
Originally Posted by Concerto
But there is something new of this nature (new status perks) at hotels.com, because I definitely saw it in a recent email. The upper status levels include bonuses such as free drinks, free parking, free late checkout and such like. So it certainly exists.
Thank you for the replies. It's marked as a "silver exclusive" on the confirmation email but I wasn't sure what that actually meant - I'm sure this sort of thing will become clearer in time
Old Oct 20, 2018, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Actually, I think I might be confusing this with a new range of status benefits introduced at Expedia or Ebookers, can’t remember which.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:31 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Congratulations, I think you spotted a unicorn. I've been hotels.com Silver for years and have never noticed any exclusive benefits - other than that swanky silver header when looking at the hotels.com rewards page
Old Nov 3, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
Originally Posted by Brook100
Hello,

I did not realise they even had a tier system, but upon booking a hotel in Miami on hotels.com (Nautilus SoBe to be exact) and I apparently have complimentary drinks as part of my booking. Has anyone had experience of this with hotels.com and what actually happens when you check in?

Thanks
Originally Posted by dimon84
FWIW, as a hotels.com & expedia gold, I've received
- waived wifi fee (South America)
- waived gym fee (Japan)
- comp continental breakfast (Korea)
- one category room upgrade (China)

(generally none at any of the chains)

with a welcome letter that stated "Thanks for being Expedia Rewards Gold+ and here are your benefits"

You generally get *something* if you book any of the hotels with +++ signs like this

One thing I tried to figure out was if there's any way to know what perks they will provide before checking in... and the answer is no as hotels have full discretion what to give you when you check-in.

TLDR;
1) I check expedia for hotels that give special perks to expedia golds
2) I book through hotels.com as expedia gold (as I like their reward structure better)
3) i get some benefits w/ welcome letter that calls me "expedia gold" even though I booked through hotels.com

Last edited by samwise6222; Nov 3, 2018 at 12:36 pm
Old Jan 19, 2019, 11:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Has anyone experienced the Gold Benefits, how are they? Now that I realize that i can get the 10X points with Cap One Venture, I thought this might be worth going after. Any thoughts on this, is it a program worth going for top tier status?

https://www.hotels.com/rewards/gold.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.