FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Toronto - Mumbai route ending
View Single Post
Old Nov 2, 2018, 8:20 am
sram

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
Originally Posted by yulred

Personally, I prefer the early AM arrivals. I find it difficult to sleep from 3 pm to 10 pm EST, so the first night amounts to little more than sitting around, doing nothing and waking for everyone else to wake up.

I've done the YYZ DEL flight twice in my life. Once on the 343 in Y and once in the 787 in PY. Its not for me. The 787 PY seat is fine for that length, but the catering was terrible and the PY cabin was freezing - the flimsy blanket wasn't enough. Soon became apparent why - walk 20-30 feet back into Y, and its notably hotter. The crew did their best, but there's only so much they can do.

I'm back to doing TK J (days permitting), AC/LH and LH only PY one stops. I doubt I'm the only one. The direct flight is fine if you travel once in a few years. But the possibility of stretching your legs/showering en route is far more appealing in Y and PY. I'd pay a premium to avoid the direct flight, haha.
I totally respect your position, flying TK J blows the other options out of the water. I flew YYZ-BLR on AC/LH (via FRA) PY the week before last. I'd say the gap in the product is not very big between LH and AC; German service, Y food, similar seats and your nudged in the middle of the Y cabin. Given the number of 13+ hr flights I do each year getting from A-->B as fast as possible, and home, is important. However, In the India market, its all about price, pax will make 2 stops if they save $50, not interested in pre-purchasing seats, and certainly not interested in paying more to fly an AC 787. As I said, on this route, I think I'm the outlier here.