FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance Award Chart have been changed over night to the worse
Old Nov 1, 2018, 12:37 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SK2751
I have no problem rationalizing the moves from SK side. The question is what we (the FFs of various kind) should do given that we understand this market situation? What is the best strategy for us? I was still unable to find a better tactics than sticking with SK. The continuous devaluations in all programs make it difficult to justify the switch (especially that I fly SK most, and good treatment of IRROPS and no nuisance efficient travel is what I value most; and I am not sure I can get that if I switched to have status with TK or A3). The only other thing I though of is to try to find a new job situation that can reduce my traveling significantly.
I fly SK a lot, but I credit few to no flights to SK’s program; instead I credit most SK flights to other airline programs. Once SK cuts the earnings I get when crediting SK flights to other airline programs, SK will end up being just another carrier to be selected only when it makes financial sense as a free agent of sort.

Given how airlines keep making the air travel experience worse and worse, cutting back on travel by air sounds likes it could be a good approach for many if they can find an equally or better rewarding professional and lifestyle track than the one that involves being an air travel passenger for work — more so if the air travel is frequently in the back of the flying bus.