FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Low-point redemption, somewhat central property in Paris?
Old Oct 31, 2018, 8:10 am
BruceWG

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
Originally Posted by Tim Scurlock

Hey, Bruce! Thanks for the info. My wife and I are heading out next week for a 7-day stay in Paris. Out of curiosity: What sort of Plat-recognition did you receive? We are also looking at the new Courtyard on the other side of the city and can’t decide.
I received the typical email a few days before our stay with a welcome and "let me know if I can do anything, etc." I emailed back mentioning the trip was for our anniversary and if there was any type of upgraded room available I'd appreciate it. I received a reply in a few minutes saying she should let the front desk know. I saw later that day our reservation (on points) had a room change to a junior suite. It was nice to have that confirmed in advance. We received the platinum welcome gift, access to the club lounge and weekend breakfast in the restaurant. In addition the attitude of the staff was excellent. The club lounge attendants (morning and evening) came across as very friendly, asking about our day, if we needed anything etc. Just a very enjoyable experience. We also had the following waiting for us in the room one evening (see photo below):