FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Polaris In-flight Experiences
View Single Post
Old Oct 30, 2018, 8:17 pm
elitefreak

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by CMK10
My first Polaris experiences

UA 888 PEK-SFO 777-300

Lounge: The SFO Polaris Lounge is incredible. One of the best lounges I've been to anywhere in the world. The hard product, the bartenders, the liquor selection, I didn't eat though the food looked pretty good. I wished I'd had more time.

Seat: I had 5A which is flush against the window and it was a really good seat. Comfortable seating upright, lounging and one of the best flat beds I've slept in. I'm tall and bulky so this was really appreciated.

Entertainment: Meh. Not United's strong suit. Not enough movies and shows honestly and there's no music either. Channel 9 was on though which was nice. The Wifi is of course terrible. It was incredibly slow for the first few hours of the flight then didn't work at all for at least the last four and a half hours

Service: Overall very good. Excellent f/a on my side of the aisle who complimented me for dressing up and did his best with the fact that he has to handle a 50 seat cabin with just one other person. The only part I didn't like was when I asked for a mattress pad and a flight attendant handed it to me without a word. So I just made up my own bed.

Food: The worst part of the flight. My entree (Three Cup Chicken) was awful. Tasted worse than frozen food microwave Chinese food. The appetizer was also uninspired and when you're serving everyone plastic trays it looks a little chintzy. I do like that PDBs are served in real glasses though..
The PDB's are in a nice solid crystally looking plastic, not glass. But much better than in the past, agreed.