FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So close to Platinum: Need strategy to cross the finish line
Old Oct 28, 2018, 4:16 pm
stant

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by RogerD408
... and what is their definition of a "meeting professional"? I agree with taking issue with people that book meetings and don't show up, but are they now saying I can't book a meeting myself, that I must utilize a "professional"? I don't think so. MR has a habit of leaving a lot of wiggle room in their writings you can take it many different ways (I've been there many times).
you dont think so? you DO realize airlines have been sued over revoking 'lifetime' frequent flyer privileges and in court said 'well we said lifetime, but what we meant was 'lifetime till we decide otherwise' and they WON - right? It doesnt matter what you think, only what they think, unless the repercussions for enforcing their thoughts are too negative. Somehow I doubt there would be huge public outcry if a few members got their account closed over what they would claim is gaming the system.

you can think whatever you like about the situation, the simple fact is that marriot saw fit to change their TOS to SPECIFICALLY include this 'wiggle room'. If that isnt an obvious warning to you, I dont know what is. It's not a matter of taking it one way or the other, they specifically saw fit to add those terms after the program merger. Can you get away with it? probably. Maybe even Almost definitely. But like I said in my previous post, I would question the logic of spending money to chase status by doing something that CAN get your account revoked.