FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First world problems: 2 SE, same PNR, AE booking, and fun
Old Oct 28, 2018, 4:00 pm
kenlor

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
Further to this issue, is there a way to add the second pax's AE# to a reward ticket that is not completely on AC?

Here are the details of my situation:

Spouse and I are both SE100K. We plan to book an AE reward trip for next year; routing will most likely be YYC-LAX-NRT, KIX-LAX-YYC (or something similar). Based on the itineraries I've found so far, the YYC-LAX legs will be on AC, and LAX-NRT, KIX-LAX legs will be on Asiana (F if we can get it). The tickets will be booked using my AE miles, so there will be no problem with my SE/*G status showing up in on the PNR/BP, but her status obviously won't.

For the outbound YYC-LAX-NRT: I know from experience that we can use the online check-in process to add her AE# to the PNR before the outgoing trip, and it will show on the AC leg (YYC-LAX). But will it carry through onto the Asiana leg (LAX-NRT)?

For the return KIX-LAX-YYC: Normally for return trips on AC we would just repeat the online check-in trick to put her status on the PNR, but I'm not sure we'll be able to do that in this case, since we'll be checking in via Asiana. Is there a way we can get her status added to the return leg so Asiana recognizes it?

(I realize we wouldn't have this problem if we booked separate, identical reward tickets...but she doesn't (and won't) have enough points in her account to do that.)