FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Low-point redemption, somewhat central property in Paris?
Old Oct 28, 2018, 10:08 am
sinfonia

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
Low-point redemption, somewhat central property in Paris?

I imagine this has been asked somewhere since the merger but I have searched and found old threads that have not exactly addressed what I am looking for, so apologies if my question is redundant.

I am considering tagging on a few nights in Paris on my way to another destination in December, paying with points. Because it is somewhat a whim of a trip and because I am going alone, I am not interested in spending good points on a nice property, but am perfectly fine with something of the idea of a Four Points/Courtyard. This would be my first visit to Paris and my goal would be to just experience what I could of it in a couple of days. I have every intention of returning for a longer period of time, so I do not plan to even attempt to cross off from a list a bunch of must-see attractions. If I walk by the Eiffel Tower and on the Champs Elysees, I will be perfectly content. But I want to be central enough to the heart of the city that I can have that Parisian experience, and because I will not hire a car, I need it to be close enough or easily accessed by metro. Ideally, I would like to be able to walk to the center within about 30 minutes and feel perfectly safe during that 30 minute walk in the neighborhoods I will pass to get there. I would like to spend 35K or fewer points per night. Le Dokhan's does not have award availability my nights of stay. I am holding reservations at Courtyard Paris Gare de Lyon and Courtyard Paris Arcueil. But are these too far or in bad areas? Is there somewhere else I should consider? Or will I just not find what I am looking for and should I bite the 50K bullet for something like the Marriott Champs Elysees?

Thanks for any advice.