FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cheapo Air threat "may lose entire value of ticket" with a large schedule change
Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:41 pm
JapanFlyerT

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Cheapo Air threat "may lose entire value of ticket" with a large schedule change

China Southern has changed our layover on a return (LAX-SHE-KIX) in SHE from 3 hours to 27 hours. That doesn't work for at least one of the three of us, but CheapoAir's wording makes it sound like we are at risk of losing our tickets. That sounds wrong, and I suspect Cheapo is just pushing us to accept and not debate or ask for a different schedule with such language (below).

If you chose not accept any new option, there is no guarantee that the airline will offer you another option and you may lose the entire value of your non-refundable ticket(s).

From what I have read, if an airline makes a change that significantly alters the schedule, there should be at least an option of a 100% refund. I am right? The flights aren't until Christmas, so I would think something could be arranged.

In any case, I rejected the offer of the new schedule and asked for a callback. None came, so I called. I was then promised another callback, but none has come yet (after 24hrs). It is the weekend, and China Southern is also unreachable.

Last edited by JapanFlyerT; Oct 27, 2018 at 9:22 pm