Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Cheapo Air threat "may lose entire value of ticket" with a large schedule change

Cheapo Air threat "may lose entire value of ticket" with a large schedule change

Old Oct 27, 18, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Many, none with status

China Southern has changed our layover on a return (LAX-SHE-KIX) in SHE from 3 hours to 27 hours. That doesn't work for at least one of the three of us, but CheapoAir's wording makes it sound like we are at risk of losing our tickets. That sounds wrong, and I suspect Cheapo is just pushing us to accept and not debate or ask for a different schedule with such language (below).

If you chose not accept any new option, there is no guarantee that the airline will offer you another option and you may lose the entire value of your non-refundable ticket(s).

From what I have read, if an airline makes a change that significantly alters the schedule, there should be at least an option of a 100% refund. I am right? The flights aren't until Christmas, so I would think something could be arranged.

In any case, I rejected the offer of the new schedule and asked for a callback. None came, so I called. I was then promised another callback, but none has come yet (after 24hrs). It is the weekend, and China Southern is also unreachable.

Last edited by JapanFlyerT; Oct 27, 18 at 9:22 pm
Old Oct 28, 18, 5:27 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Others have reported issues when they’ve purchased tickets through CheapOair, and unfortunately, travel agencies can impose their own terms and conditions on tickets they sell on top of those the airlines might impose. And generally, unless you’re actually traveling, it’s likely you’ll have to deal with CheapOair because they “own” the ticket.
Old Oct 28, 18, 8:08 am

Call and escalate. Don't accept a call back but insist on talking to a supervisor. You can also try the contact form on the Dutch website. https://www.cheaptickets.nl/klantenservice/contact
Old Oct 28, 18, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
I don’t think I’ll ever understand why people buy tickets from third party OTAs, and then with a name like Cheapo Air. You are just inviting frustration and disaster.
SK AAR, craigthemif and audio-nut like this.
Old Oct 28, 18, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Please follow the redirect as we relocate this query to our OTA forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Nov 3, 18, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Many, none with status
It took a couple attemtps to get through to Cheapo, but in the end I got someone who after 15 minutes had an alternative schedule, via CAN, leaving 3 hours earlier than the original flight and arriving at KIX about the same time as we first planned, and after another 10 minutes it was confirmed by the airline.

It was my first time booking with Cheapo-I just used Kayak and followed the best price. I did make an attempt to book with China Eastern at one point, but their website wasn’t functional. China Southern too was difficult, as it seemed to think I was in China. Next time I’ll be a bit more careful.
trooper likes this.
Old Mar 11, 19, 3:37 pm

Programs: sas eb S, finnair plus, TK G, A3 S
Cheapo did a similar treat to me once, few years back. That was the last ticket booked from them, ever.
Spiff likes this.

Search this Thread