FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New eUpgrade Requirements! Co-pay for lower flex fares
Old Oct 27, 2018, 3:45 pm
fin 645

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by canopus27

Keep in mind that the app only shows people on the upgrade list who have checked in. You're at the top of the list for now, but it's quite possible that there are numerous others on the list who just haven't checked in yet.

You'll have a better sense when you get to the airport, and most people have checked in. At this point I suspect that they won't process the upgrade list until the flight has closed ... 45 mins prior to departure. If you're still in the top two at that point, then they will page you at the gate with the good news.
I hate to say this, but once flight time approaches and more people check in, you may watch yourself sink slowly down the list. Been there, done that, unfortunately, and in some respects it's a misunderstanding I had about the list. It is not in fact a complete list that you can figure out from the get-go. It leads you along (oh, I'm top of the list) and then slowly lets you down. But PY looks better - you may end up with that as the consolation prize.