FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA data theft: should I join the class action suit?
Old Oct 27, 2018, 5:02 am
KeaneJohn

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I’m sure some people at Waterside are having an uncomfortable time trying to work out what happened, will it happen again etc. As Bisonrav mentioned, communications will have to be rigorously approved to not expose further liability’s however I feel the tone and message of the “woe is me we are the victims of criminal activity” slightly insulting.

I’m not sure we have the full story either as I had my home broken into on the first day of a recent trip. The police asked if I was a BA data theft victim and seemed to indicate a high correlation of people being broken into whilst away. BA seemed to hint that travel details weren’t stolen.. they also said in May their IT issues was due to a power surge so my trust in BA isn’t 100%.

There was the neglible inconvenience of being cardless for a few days, queuing at the bank to draw money out(who even does that anymore...clearly lots of people from the length of queues) not drawing enough cash out so not being able to go out for dinner... very first world problems but I do think a gesture of goodwill wouldn’t go amiss, the status extensions and travel vouchers issued due to the IT Meltdown and snowmagedden would have had a cost attached to them as well and I think the lack of forthcoming gestures is prompting such participation in class action.