FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA data theft: should I join the class action suit?
Old Oct 27, 2018, 5:01 am
subject2load

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE

I'm like HIDDY and I want to know who is paying for this. Maybe I have not seen it, but how many people anywhere have been robbed of their cash as a result of this? .Yes, I have suffered inconvenience and yes I was vexed but you will excuse me if I do join in the general frenzy, but I've far greater concerns to occupy my waking hours.
Goodness me dear PUCCI ...... when you say you’re “like HIDDY” on this, you’re referring to an FT member who - on his own admission just the other day - hasn’t actually travelled anywhere in the last three years (an embargo imposed by his good wife, seemingly). Little wonder then, that when BA advise of data breaches potentially affecting customers who have made bookings between various specified dates durung the past few months, it is all of zero concern to HIDDY, and indeed any others who have had no occasion to do business with BA. Or .....as he puts it himself : “ I couldn’t give a monkeys about it ..... “

Like yourself PG, I too have many other issues and activities to occupy my waking hours ; which is precisely why I particularly resent having to waste a half day of a busy week contacting my various card issuers (waiting in phone queues on occasion), my bank, re-setting passwords, and meticulously trawling past transactions & statements of account, let alone the underlying anxiety. And all because of BA’s failure to protect my confidential data.