FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA data theft: should I join the class action suit?
Old Oct 27, 2018, 4:29 am
FeedbirdNiner

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
For me, the important thing is that BA comes out of this by starting to take Cyber Security seriously. At the moment, they store my (and probably your) name, address, passport number, flight details, date of birth, address when in some other countries, credit card number, and those of all of my immediate family.

This episode has shown that these details are more vulnerable than they should be and I would hope that you, like me, would want your very personal details better protected. I'm totally not in it for the money. For me, the knowledge that my very personal data is better protected provides me with far more value than £1k or less from any legal action.
Agree with this. It's not about the £1500 (minus 15%) or whatever for me, it's about BA having a sufficient punishment to make it worth their while to ensure it doesn't happen again. Under current management they have a short term share price culture. A bill approaching half a billion GBP that gains them nothing but is simply punishment for having a poor IT infrastructure, will suddenly make a half a billion investment into IT look like the right thing to do.

It's the only language they understand!

It would be awesome if we were able to organise our own FT class action. There must be some lawyers in our ranks. They could take 5-10% for costs and profit and we could donate another 5-10% to charity - possibly even the BA charity. Anyone out there??