FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA data theft: should I join the class action suit?
Old Oct 27, 2018, 4:02 am
ThatT1Feeling

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I'm like HIDDY and I want to know who is paying for this. Maybe I have not seen it, but how many people anywhere have been robbed of their cash as a result of this? .Yes, I have suffered inconvenience and yes I was vexed but you will excuse me if I do join in the general frenzy, but I've far greater concerns to occupy my waking hours.
For me, the important thing is that BA comes out of this by starting to take Cyber Security seriously. At the moment, they store my (and probably your) name, address, passport number, flight details, date of birth, address when in some other countries, credit card number, and those of all of my immediate family.

This episode has shown that these details are more vulnerable than they should be and I would hope that you, like me, would want your very personal details better protected. I'm totally not in it for the money. For me, the knowledge that my very personal data is better protected provides me with far more value than £1k or less from any legal action.