FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free
Old Oct 25, 2018, 6:22 pm
Becky8

Programs: QRPC-Gold
Upgrade options.

Hello all,

Complete newbie here, but I've spent the last 12 months reading this excellent site-thanks for all the info and tips so far!

I've been flying with Qatar (now at Gold membership level), mainly economy (as work will only pay for the cheapest flight!) from LHR to SE Asia, Jakarta usually. When asked at check-in (LHR) to use Qmiles to upgrade I've been told on the last 3 flights that they can only upgrade 2 pax a day from Y to J, does anyone know if this is the case how do I become one of these two!?
I'm also aware that you can't upgrade a promo ecomony ticket, are the rest (Saver/Value/Flexi) all OK to be upgraded? Or only certain fares? I will be paying for a flight in June 2019 and I don't want to pay more for a ticket if I still can't upgrade, seems pointless. I've looked at J and its currently around £2600 return LHR to Jakarta, which is quite expensive. The last flight that had upgrade for cash was about £550 Jakarta to Doha, and £850 Doha to London, just too much £.

I've also got 40 Qcredits, how can i use these too? Expires June 2019.

Thanks in advance.

Becky.