FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Forward Cabin Etiquette: Overhead Bin Space
Old Oct 24, 2018, 7:22 pm
ATOBTTR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Ordhater
Very fair question. I think it's because I feel like, with the extra room we get in first class, it's somewhat selfish to take up two bag's worth of space in the overhead bins. That's my opinion; I expect most people would disagree with me on that point, so I would NEVER confront another passenger about this. That being said, and to your point, if I knew the small bag in the overhead bin was the only bag a passenger had put up there, it wouldn't bother me at all. My pet peeve, which I really need to get over, only extends to one person putting two bags in the bins.
Fair enough and thanks for the honest response. I do disagree about the legroom in F (partially because of my height so even being in F, I’m really only comfortable if I have that space free) so I put my bag up even if I just have one bag. I’m paying for that extra comfort and plan to get maximum advantage. But I do agree about two bags. If you have two, one goes in the bin and one goes under the seat. I will admit to putting both bags in the OH bin if boarding is complete and there’s stil extra room in the bin after the door has closed but I always wait till the door is closed and all carryons have been properly stowed before putting my second bag up.