FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA's Micronesia Island Hopper - consolidated questions, advice, ....
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:24 pm
carlitos

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by mpiotrow
I was looking forward to checking out the flight path for your GUM-TKK flight in FlightAware, but it doesn't seem to show a go around (and the map shows a VERY direct route, so I'm not sure it's accurate at all). https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...230Z/PGUM/PTKK

Anyway, what would you recommend as far as which side of the plane for the eastbound journey? And were you able to split the reservation in order to choose seats for each segment?
It actually shows a straight line from GUM-TKK. But again, insane landing and probably my favorite out of all the island hopper landings.

I rode all the island hopper on 7F while my brother rode it on 7A. Mechaninc had 7C for him and 7B blocked all the way until MAJ and I had only a Guam Banker women on 7D til KSA. So middle seats open and both windows were amazing. My brother caught all from his side on Iphone camera and I, of course, have everything on Iphone camera from my side. I did not split my reservation, as I had an amazing window confirmed and was not going to risk it with upgrades. I had so much food at the United Club before departing and took some munchies for the trip. Now, from MAJ to HNL, I slept all the time and mechanic seat got assigned to a women while another women and her young daughter were assigned 7D and 7E. Landed in HNL @ 3am, perfect for a connection to LAX at 7am. just for the record, as I was waiting for TSA to open at HNL, I saw that there was an extra section to MAJ 45 minutes after the regular schedule service to MAJ was to depart. a 737-824 for the normal flight and a 737-724 for the extra section, which was delayed. How can they be operating two island hoppers on a same day??? wow, and that is considering the extra section was schedule with only 3 stops

Both sides are perfect !!!