FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Entertainment Tablets Only on Hawaii, NYC & DC Area, FL and BOS Routes (11/1/2018)
Old Oct 24, 2018, 10:42 am
jiburi

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
You know what email I received this morning? Yes, just within the past few hours. You've made it to Platinum Medallion® status, now it's time to enjoy it. Here are some of the Platinum benefits you'll experience
I never thought I'd ever join the DL program. .
Enjoy it.

For me, spending $9000 on one airlines for the Platinum privilege of being on the upgrade list, often without success, was hardly worth it. Id rather spend my $9000 elsewhere. On top of that, as Platinum, the earn rate of 9 skymiles per dollar means you need to spend minimum of $2777 for a roundtrip domestic ticket (if at 25000 miles), but quite often more as Delta now have unpublished pricing. I'm not sinking my money into a program who is dishonest to its members.

Management keeps talking about needing to cut costs because fuel prices are up and revenue is down, yet they seem to be doing absolutely nothing to attract premium traffic.
I do agree with this statement. Alaska seem to be doing very little to find a niche of differentiating itself from other carriers. All of what they had seem to be slowing disappearing....and soon looking more and more like WN.
Jiburi

Last edited by jiburi; Oct 24, 2018 at 10:50 am