FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA in Y was actually not bad!
View Single Post
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:05 pm
OldFruity

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
Y travel is a topical issue for me at the mo as Im off Lhr -Mel in Y with QR next week. First time down the back in 4 years of regular Eu - Au travel on the back of BA F travel Prg to Syd a few weeks ago. Pre boarding will be no drama as with status I will get lounge access priority boarding etc etc. Expectations ? Some discomfort - limited recline let alone lie flat , But major cash saving (at GBP 750) over even a BA WT or WT+ ticket) which I could have upgraded to WT+ or BA J with a GUF . Will be interesting to see how I actually feel about the experience after the trip as I have recently become a bit blah zey these days about turning left on boarding and spending money which realistically could be put to better use (my choice of course). Too lazy to write TPs which have no doubt been done to death on this route - but I shall try and remain objective throughout the trip and compare this Y experience with my perceived value for money of BA F (using GUF) and QR Y ( upstairs A380 and aisle so a pretty good Y seat as things go these days). Depending how this goes my next xmas trip in mid Dec will be a Prg Syd in either a BA WT upgraded to WT+ or if there are tears (yet no tear points) a WT+ upgraded to J outbound and maybe....if Im feeling particularly in need of some positive stroking (i.e. some self patting on ones back for another year of long distance commuting accomplished,) I may cough up the extra 600 quid and fly back in BA F - not that I need the pjs!.

QF

Last edited by OldFruity; Oct 23, 2018 at 1:16 pm