FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Choice in Jakarta?
View Single Post
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:05 am
MikeFromTokyo

Originally Posted by BENLEE
Four Seasons is the newest / nicest hotel in Jakarta but as someone might have told you, it lies along one of the most busy road in Jakarta, and the traffic esp during peak hour is a nightmare. If you avoid those hours, ie, morning and evening rush hour, it's fine. Location is not great as it is not connected to any shopping mall but there is shuttle bus I think to the nearby Pacific Place Mall. I tried one night before. Rooms are huge and service is generally speaking quite excellent. The Nautilus bar is great.

The Fairmont is a good choice. There's tons of F&B in the hotel and it's connected to a large shopping mall ( Plaza Senayan ) and you can walk across the road to another ( Senayan city ). There's even a golf course near by. The Executive lounge was excellent but I am not sure if they still maintained the standard as it was quite a while ago since my last stay.

The other hotels are all very dated including the two Ritz Carlton and the Mandarin Oriental. Hotels here hardly ever renovate due to low room rates and the standard of the physical product is usually a notch or two below what is in other cities, even the luxury brands.

However, a string of new properties are due to open in the coming years, including St Regis, Park Hyatt and a new Intercontinental so hopefully things will be better.
Thanks so much, BENLEE. I will probably try the Four Seasons or Fairmont unless one of the newer properties is open by the time of my visit.

It looks like InterContinental is scheduled to open soon. What do you think about that location?