FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So close to Platinum: Need strategy to cross the finish line
Old Oct 23, 2018, 8:06 am
myperks

Originally Posted by Texan4life
I have exactly 40 nights of Marriott stays so far this year, not counting the 15 nights of elite credit I'll get with my Chase Marriott Rewards Signature Visa. Unfortunately, Chase says Marriott only posts those award nights 6-8 weeks AFTER I renew the card on my anniversary date. My anniversary date is on or around November 15th.

Chase won't allow me to pre-pay the renewal fee. Consequently, Marriott doesn't have to give me the 15 nights until January. My guess is that they probably won't credit those nights until they absolutely have to. I don't want my 40 nights to count for nothing when I'm only 10 nights away from Plat.

All of my business travel is finished for the rest of the year. A 10-night "mattress run" seems like too much money and effort to be realistic. I could really use some advice on this. Are there any steps I can take to make sure I get those final nights needed?

to OP, so what’s the strategy for you? Just curious as it appears just waiting for the CC nights will be the fastest and cheapest or going on the 10-night mattress run. But if you do the 10-night mattress run and the CC nights also credit, we can discuss strategies on getting another 15-nights for PP