FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HKG late arrival options
View Single Post
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:48 pm
ChrisLi

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by evergrn
Okay, thanks guys.
Looks like I shouldn't rely on late-night taxis from HK Station to Conrad, then.

I've never used Uber outside of USA. Looking at some info online, it seems like you just use the Uber app on your smartphone the same as you would anywhere else. Is that correct? I can use the app while at HKIA since there's free wifi there. I think there's free wifi on Airport Express, but I don't think I've ever used AE wifi so I'm kind of worried as to whether it'll work. Where does Uber typically come pick up at HKIA? And if I were to take the Airport Express first, then at HK Station do Uber drivers usually pick up where taxis drop you off?

If I'm feeling too nervous about this whole thing, I might just go with Marriott.
It's the same Uber app for everywhere they operate. Just recently did one with my HK account in Geneva and New Delhi. No problem at all.

Just do Uber from Airport direct to Conrad. It's just a stupid idea and cost probably the same (including train ticket) to have Uber from HK station to Conrad. Uber pick up from Car Park 1 or Car Park 4 at the airport so depends on the luggage belt you pick up your stuff, you use the respective car park accordingly (i.e. Belt 8 onwards for Car Park 1 and otherwise Car Park 4, next to Regal hotel)