FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So close to Platinum: Need strategy to cross the finish line
Old Oct 22, 2018, 1:24 pm
tygran37

Originally Posted by Texan4life
I'm the OP-- I know you asked the question for @SacTownGuy but want to make sure you check this: I believe that Plats do not get lounge access or breakfast at Ritz Carltons (and possibly other high end properties you're planning to visit). Before the merger, Marriott Plats only had lounge access and breakfast at Marriotts (excluding resorts) JWs, Autographs, Renaissance, and Deltas.

You may want to verify which of the premium properties will offer these benefits and factor that into your mattress run cost/benefit calculation.

From the Marriott website:
Good call out... this is definitely worth looking into.

I still think I'm going to easily come out ahead of the mattress run cost but if I'm wrong would love for someone to tell me different. I will take this advice though and walk through each property individually.

Edit: I don't particular care about lounge access (it would be nice but not a deal breaker) however at this link:

https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mem...s/guarantee.mi

It looks like RC does not include breakfast as a Plat Amenity however St Regis does, and breakfast definitely does matter to me. I could switch the RC to a StR in my case, I was pretty torn between the two anyway.