FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Property Experiences during Marriott Workers Strike Fall 2018
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:55 am
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Amelorn
I have been discussing this with a friend here in China who will be arriving in a couple of days for his honeymoon. He was originally scheduled for the RH.

The tripadvisor reviews are grim: no housekeeping, no bar service, no valet, etc etc etc. I'd be royally PO'ed to pay RH prices for the off-the-interstate motel experience, as well.
Hopefully, they are improving day by day. Hawaii News Media suggests Kyo-ya and the union are meeting next weekend to negotiate further ... that suggests nothing will change in the next week. One assumes Kyo-ya will being doing their best to normalize operations in advance of the negotiations to get leverage.

And .. I've never been much of a fan of tripadvisor reviews ... the folks on FT have much more credibility to me than tripadvisor. And, of course, its always possible tripadvisor reviews may not genuine -- particularly now.