FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HKG late arrival options
View Single Post
Old Oct 21, 2018, 8:45 am
ChrisLi

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by evergrn
My family and I are arriving very late, ~11.30pm on a Thursday night. After immigration, bags and everything, it'll be easily past midnight by the time we're landside. We were originally going to spend the first night at Marriott Skycity before heading to Conrad the next day. But since the Conrad price has come down, I'm thinking about just heading straight to Conrad via Airport Express then cab from HK Station.

Question: Will there be plenty of taxis available at HK Station around 12.30-1am?

If the taxis will be scarce, or if there's any chance I may have to wait 30-40min (like someone said above about Kowloon Station), then I think this option is out.

(Please note that I'm not taking a late-night taxi again from HKIA into town after a scary past experience, and also I can't blow 1000+ HKD on Conrad limo service.)
If you are of family of 2 or 3, please do Taxi all the way. The cost isn't that much difference but the convenience is way worth it. Alternative do a Uber, it should run around HKD 330 (UberX) / HKD 470 (Uber Black / XL) if not on surge pricing.

Interest to know what scary experience you have had, though I had one that the driver going sleepy and I have to ask for the next train station and send him home. I am a local so it's kind of different. Uber driver normally work at night in HK so it shouldn't be a major issue.

Taxi is gonna be scare if you arrive on a Friday / Saturday night or one of those night with major event (e.g. Wine and Dine next weekend)