FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at MSY Emerald / Exec (New Orleans Airport)
Old Oct 17, 2018, 3:09 pm
TXJeepGuy

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by TigerFan55
I actually live in NO an every now and then need to rent a car while being at home when I'm not traveling for work. I rent 50+ cars a year from various National outlets around the whole system and this is, without a doubt, the worst office in the entire system. Bare lots, people who don't know whats going on, long lines to wait for a car and general malaise about the whole place. There's one guy who's nice, I believe his name is Alan, and he just shakes his head when he has a line of people waiting for cars; says it's totally beyond his control. Nothing ever seems to change at this location.
This has been my experience with both National and Hertz at MSY.

My last National rental at MSY, came out to a nearly empty lot. Only cars in Exec. Asked the attendant, who was more worried about texting someone than helping me and the other customers, told me to wait. Noticed there was one Rav 4 in spot marked Emerald Aisle at the end of the Exec aisle. Asked her about taking it, she said no, you have to wait for a mid size. Car shows up 15 min later, Chevy Cruz that's looking pretty rough. Everywhere else I rent with National has been great, not sure whats up here.