FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2018/2019 Edition
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:37 pm
Detroiter

Programs: DL Gold
10/11
DTW-PVD
DL 1980

PDB - Full

This mainline flight was delayed a bit by a late inbound flight, but the lead FA did a full PDB service. The crew was DTW-based, and was friendly and attentive. Of course the food was DL's finest from the snack basket BTW I love the refurbed 320s, especially the new bins.

10/15
PVD-DTW
DL 1980

PDB - Full

Another mainline flight delayed slightly by a late inbound, but again the lead did a full PDB. A well-dressed fellow used our bin on his way back to coach, and as he left I noticed the PM brag tag on his rollaboard and that he gave a DYKWIA look to us as if it were we who FCMd him out of his rightful F seat We sat on the taxiway about 15 minutes while the pilots checked weight and balance issues with Ops. Service was delayed until someplace over eastern Lake Erie by rough air, but then there was time for two rounds of drinks and the snack basket before landing. I snagged the last two Woodfords on the cart. The snack basket was kind of skimpy. This is the kind of flight (~2 hours leaving at 5:00 pm) on which I wish there would be some food other than the snack basket. The antipasto plate or a small salmon salad would hit the spot. The MCO-based crew was excellent, and in my chat with them after the flight (I have to wait for the wheelchair attendants to retrieve my husband and always chat up the FAs) they all expressed a strong desire to get back South. Good thing their final flight of the night was DTW-MCO.

The DL employees on this trip were uniformly friendly, and are the reason I don't mind being a hub captive to DL.