FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:54 pm
Insaniak

Originally Posted by Metanoia
There are a few tips and tongue-in-cheek suggestions here: Making the most of First Class

However, here's my list for a waking-hour flight in F from an outstation... helps me brainstorm my upcoming flight in F.

1) Avoid drinking (or really eating too) in the lounge, the good stuff is onboard, and especially inflight. I don't know if they serve Dom on the ground in HKG, might not due to taxation, but they do serve a champagne of some kind.
2) Have the caviar. With sips of vodka, really brings the flavors out. (What vodka pairs well with caviar?)
3) Have a taste of the liquors at the self serve bar in front, then ask to have what you really want brought back to the bar at the back of the plane and hang out. But don't be "that guy/girl" - ask to use J glassware. (Can you just pick the ones you want to taste and pour by yourself? You're saying ask for J glassware?
4) Have the Arabic mezze if they are offering it. It's quite the treat in F, with so many little dishes to choose from. This dish is very instagrammable when they set the table with the plate and the napkin, if you're into that. (How good are they with allowing you to take pictures on board? I plan on taking a lot of pictures. Not only on the flight but of course for my vacation in Dubai.
5) On the topic of appetizers, sometimes it's better to just have a sampling of the appetizers, soups and salads in F rather than a main course because the mains are mostly the ones that you have in J anyway if you fly the route regularly. If you do have a main, try something that isn't on the J menu (look up before going). (just looked at the mains does not look as appetizing compared to everything else)
6) Thank your crew profusely, they work really hard.
7) And of course, shower at 36,000 feet Schedule your time with the crewmember when you board.
Additional questions are in bold. Thank you, everyone, for your suggestions!