FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ
Old Oct 14, 2018, 7:05 pm
MarkP24

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I was on a plane with the GM of this property a few years ago and was convinced to give it a try rather than staying in Scottsdale so I have done so a few times. It has an above average lounge but can't remember if it is open on the weekends. Rental car returns at PHX are a pain ... one option to think about would be to return the car the night before and Uber back and forth. It's probably cheaper than parking and you won't have to deal with the car return when you leave. Between the PHX Marriott ... which is elite unfriendly and this the PHX Renn, I'd go with the PHX Renn. Also, you can use the light rail to and from the airport as it goes right to the Renn, although its not as seamless as it ought to be.
Thanks! Are rental car returns at PHX worse than any other airport? As we'll be visiting the Grand Canyon and Sedona, we will need a rental car, and we likely wouldn't take advantage of the light rail. Any other hotels I should be considering?

One more hotel I'm looking at is the Westin Phoenix downtown. The Renaissance is slightly cheaper, but the Westin also seems to have great reviews. Anyone have experience with both (they're similarly rated on TripAdvisor).

Last edited by MarkP24; Oct 14, 2018 at 7:22 pm Reason: Added Westin