FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Poor Treatment at Wyndham Property re late check-out request
Old Oct 14, 2018, 12:25 am
fivenue

Originally Posted by craz
OP I gather you never read the T&Cs, had you you would have read this;
    • Late check-out at Participating Hotels, subject to availability, upon Member’s request. Availability is determined by Participating Hotel and is only applicable to the Member’s personal guest room. Late check-out requests should not be for a time that is more than two hours after the Participating Hotel’s standard check-out time.

Basically even if a hotel is a participating hotel they need not grant any late checkout if they dont wish to, fwiw Ive been denied at various Hilton brands even as a Diamond or granted an extra 30 mins , when I asked for a min hour I was told OK and then told the additional cost so I simply checked out and put that hotel/s on my Do Not Stay List
Sure, everyone read T&Cs in detail, word by word, prior to checking on every stay. Good comment.
I guess I should stick with Marriott/SPG brand then, even though Hyatt, Hilton, and few other chains have granted me some courtesy, with or without status. And for the most part, especially when traveling for work, I usually leave early in the morning anyway.
So, when a chain "advertise" to its highest guest level, I'd assume the same courtesy would be granted, and if not possible, then should be communicated properly and in advance.
My point, the [moderator edit] mgr should have called much earlier, whether or not I could do a late check out, not 10 minutes before I got kicked out.
Then as you said, case closed, and put that property on my [moderator edit] do not stay list.

Anyway, mod please close this thread. My point of having this thread was to find out if any helpful FTers got the info to contact the chain mgmt.
Turn out, I got the exec contact myself

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Oct 14, 2018 at 5:28 am