FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Munich [MUC]
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:20 pm
Bavariair

Programs: A3*G, HH Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I've made loads of successful transfers at MUC, but that's because I'm good a following signs - I really have no memory of the process. Looking back is just a jumble of passport checks, escalators and trains - and wonderment that they manage to segment the train into different categories of transferring passenger.

But this time I have just 50 minutes scheduled between arriving LH from Lisbon and departing LH to Mumbai (I think an H gate), travelling with a friend who suffers from a slight disability that renders her a very slow but determined walker.

I guess I could book assistance, but there would be bruised dignity, resistance, possibly refusal but certainly sulking if I employ that strategy. I'm willing to bite the bullet if needs be, but I have no clear idea of the processes to be followed. I think it might be as simple as up a level + passports, but queues and distances have got me worried.

Any help in assessing what to do?

Is assistance in the form of a wheelchair, or a people-mover style buggy? (the latter might be more acceptable)
Your LIS flight will either arrive at a G (main terminal) or K (satellite) gate, from where you will just need to go through passport control, no security required, to reach your H (main terminal) or L (satellite) gate. The BOM flight seems to depart from either, so you will need to figure out your gate upon arrival at MUC. Best case, if no transfer between the main terminal and the satellite is required, you just move one level up as you already said, which will be quite fast. If not, you will need to go down to the train and make the quick trip over, which will add about 10mins of time. Passport control queues for transfers at MUC are generally quite manageable, so I would not worry about your connection too much.

I don’t have experience with the assistance services, but I recall seeing them using buggies, so that might be acceptable for your friend I guess in your case I would just book the assistance service just to be sure in the case of an inbound delay, so you don’t have to rush through the airport.