FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prince De Galles, Luxury Collection, Paris, France [Master Thread]
Old Oct 13, 2018, 5:20 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm wondering if people read the same OP as me.

Perhaps the most important reason to have status is so you don't get the worst room in the hotel when burning points. Yet that's what OP got. And it sounds like he was a good sport about it. Now he reports his experience here, fairly and neutrally IMO (and I have an ultra sensitive whine monitor), and the regulars are piling on with attitude, criticism, and insults.

This forum is becoming a very nasty place.
My criticism rests with the fact that if you don't complain about the poor treatment and perhaps noncompliance by at least asking for a manager then you really don't have a leg to stand on to come on here and complain, even in a passive manner.

The original poster emphasized that he placed a value on having a room on a high floor. I don't consider a standard room on a high floor an upgrade. I don't think it's unrealistic to expect as a platinum you would get a room on a floor above the first, if you asked for one.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Oct 13, 2018 at 5:28 am