FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Munich [MUC]
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2018, 1:42 am
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Lis muc bom

I've made loads of successful transfers at MUC, but that's because I'm good a following signs - I really have no memory of the process. Looking back is just a jumble of passport checks, escalators and trains - and wonderment that they manage to segment the train into different categories of transferring passenger.

But this time I have just 50 minutes scheduled between arriving LH from Lisbon and departing LH to Mumbai (I think an H gate), travelling with a friend who suffers from a slight disability that renders her a very slow but determined walker.

I guess I could book assistance, but there would be bruised dignity, resistance, possibly refusal but certainly sulking if I employ that strategy. I'm willing to bite the bullet if needs be, but I have no clear idea of the processes to be followed. I think it might be as simple as up a level + passports, but queues and distances have got me worried.

Any help in assessing what to do?

Is assistance in the form of a wheelchair, or a people-mover style buggy? (the latter might be more acceptable)