FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA "Special Fare" (AA Vacations, TYP, MR, etc.) Questions, EQD, Issues (merged)
Old Oct 12, 2018, 10:13 am
Whodunit68

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by chicagoflyer1976
Running into some of the issues mentioned here. Seems like something has recently changed with how they are posting "special fares".

I booked a RT in January through Chase UR in PE. Outbound first posted as "distance -fare unavailable" as coach (as expected). A quick call to AA CS got it switched to PE, still as distance.
Our return flilght was first changed (due to a schedule change), then cancelled, reissued on BA, then changed again to AA. We were booked in J. EQMs posted as J (3x). But the other miles and EQD are posting as fare. I have no idea where the fare could have come from. I called AA CS again, and they said there is nothing they can do, and that the outbound should have posted as fare as well. They could look into it, but said the outbound could be changed if they do, so I told her to let it be.
All in all, I feel I'm shorted about $1,000 EQD. Is there anything else I should do?
I was a little worried when contacting AAdvantage CS that they might change my outbound. I did get it resolved in my favour but I will be very honest, it was in my head the entire time.
Will the $1k EQD change anything for you? That should help determine if you make a move on it or not. It's risky....Frankly, I'm not confident that they will "take away" improper posting if it is in fact improper. Have a copy of the rare rules for the itinerary?