FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA "Special Fare" (AA Vacations, TYP, MR, etc.) Questions, EQD, Issues (merged)
Old Oct 12, 2018, 10:04 am
chicagoflyer1976

Programs: AA- EXP UA - Silver SPG- PLT Marriott- PLT
Running into some of the issues mentioned here. Seems like something has recently changed with how they are posting "special fares".

I booked a RT in January through Chase UR in PE. Outbound first posted as "distance -fare unavailable" as coach (as expected). A quick call to AA CS got it switched to PE, still as distance.
Our return flilght was first changed (due to a schedule change), then cancelled, reissued on BA, then changed again to AA. We were booked in J. EQMs posted as J (3x). But the other miles and EQD are posting as fare. I have no idea where the fare could have come from. I called AA CS again, and they said there is nothing they can do, and that the outbound should have posted as fare as well. They could look into it, but said the outbound could be changed if they do, so I told her to let it be.
All in all, I feel I'm shorted about $1,000 EQD. Is there anything else I should do?