FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LG V20
Thread: LG V20
View Single Post
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:42 pm
danielonn

LG V20

Sometimes you don't want to pay $800 for a new cellhphone but you want one that has so many features that will enhance your travels. My LG G5 would not turn on so it was time to find another model. I like that LG keeps the removable battery so I went with the LG V20.

I found a TMobile model(H918) for $190 on EBAY from a seller that got over 1000 positive reviews and is a Cellphone Retailer. The item was listed as "Excellent Condition". The phone arrived in Excellent condition. Only a small smudge on the back cover which can be replaced. In addition this is the 64GB memory 4GB RAM model with an expandable SD Card Memory up to 2TB.

The phone is certified by Bang ad Olufsen with Quad DAC for premium audio, 2 cameras one of which is wide angle , it has 4K Recording, 4 Microphones that can record high quality audio for concerts. It also plays back 4K Video.

The phone is made out of aluminum the same quality as used on Aircrafts and has been tested for good drop protection although I purchased an Armor Case for extra protection.

When the phone arrived it updated to Android 8.0 and the phone has very good call quality. I love the second screen that shows my notifications and I can easily take calls from the 2nd screen.

The screen is very bright and is easy to see in sunlight. Also the GPS is very quick to respond unlike my LG G5 where the GPS would lose signal. The GPS quickly updates the location.

With this being a "5.7 inch screen pus a 2" 2nd screen its considered a Phablet. The phone is easy to operate with large hands and I enjoy watching my YouTube videos now because of the larger screen. I highly recommend an Armor Case with a Kickstand.

The phone also has a headphone jack and the phone will power High End Hedphones. With the IR Blaster you can use the phone as a Universal Remote to operate TVs, Air Conditioners and other IR dependent items.

It works on LTE Band 66 and Band 12 and has all the GSM bands for international use.
\
The Titan Gray color is nice and reminds me of the IPhone. Overall I am pleased with this phone and this model does not have the infamous Bootloop issue other LG Phones had.

Others with the LG V20 may be able to add to this review. This goes to show you don't need to spend loads of money on the latest Smartphone. GSM Arena and others gave this phone a good review. This phone is for Power Users with manual modes for the camera as reported by the online reviews. The Battery life is very good and if it goes bad I can purchase a new one.

The back cover is better than the LG G5. I did not like the modular design and it was hard to take the battery in and out. The LG G5 crashed on me.

Even in 2018 this phone is relevant. I am going to wait until the 600 MHz band comes to more cities and 5G comes a thing of the future and then I will upgrade to an even better phone. Getting a refurbished phone is sometimes the best way to go because it will fix any issues. I believe my phone was produced in 2017 as the first security upgdate was for March 2018 from 2017.

I look forward to your feedback on this phone!