FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetBlue Planning Additional Terminal and Expansion at JFK
Old Oct 10, 2018, 7:00 pm
tphuang

Originally Posted by bmg42000
I will believe this when it is done in 2025. I have seen plenty of proposals to redo JFK so I will believe it when its done.
They have been working on the Van Wyck expansion for a very long time now. Proposals seem nice but I will believe it when completed.
Cuomo wants the political credit for this. He is very ambitious guy. If LGA project can get this far along, I don't see why JFK cannot.

Not sure about Van Wyck, but I think the private money on the terminals will have plenty of push to get started on time.

Originally Posted by sbm12
But still needs to be approved by the PANYNJ Board of Governors IIRC
Cuomo doesn't see like a guy that will get denied.
Unlikely this changes the number of flights that can regularly be handled. Taxiways aren't the issue so much as the congested air space around the airport.

13L and 13R are two different runways and only one of them - 13L/31R - is 10,000 feet long and on the North side of the field. The other, 13R/31L aka the Bay Runway because it abuts Jamaica Bay is 14,500 feet and was recently resurfaced. .

http://aeronav.faa.gov/d-tpp/1810/00610AD.PDF
I'm simply copying and pasting a link that said there is work been done to the taxiway. The rumor going around is that slots might go away in a year or two.