FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Arrival Gift (Post Merger) General Discussion Thread
Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:47 am
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by escape4
Interesting, I have not seen that other thread - thank you. Is it also correct that you earn more above $105 when considering the decrease of Make a Green Choice?
There is a poster in another thread who is very upset about the MAGC change. I provided a calculation using $200 a night comparing the points earnings under the old program if one elected the points rather than breakfast and MAGC with the same options now. At $200 a night, the new program is clearly better. He came back and said he often stays in the $50-100 a night range (not sure where that is) and so he can lose as much as 200-400 points a stay and that the break point is $105 a night. I didn't independently check that calculation.

Of course ... I don't think many of us average stays under $105 a night. I travel responsibly on other people's money and less responsibly on my own. While I had a $92 night Sheraton and a $90 CY recently, I'm rarely under $105 a night. Plus when I factor in bar spend by the pool on the occasional weekend ...