FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA "Special Fare" (AA Vacations, TYP, MR, etc.) Questions, EQD, Issues (merged)
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:49 pm
Alex_I

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by Whodunit68
it's a known issue when purchasing via AAV. I did not purchase this one via AAV.
- sorry, my mistake, I did not study your post well enough. Then you may be out of luck. Perhaps, you can argue if you have a printout of the original fare rules
with a statement that it was a bulk fare. I had this in 2018. Ticket was a special fare, did not show the price when propagating to aa.com, but then gained ticket price
when SWUs were requested. Moreover, our original domestic segment to LAX was cancelled, we were rebooked to BOS on DL and then from BOS tp LAX on AA. DL segment did not post at all and BOS-LAX was posted as something like $35 EQD even though it was reissued by AA in F (but EQM posted with the correct F multiplier). Our SWUs cleared only at the LAX gate. At the end all requests to credit based on the distance flown were denied on the basis that "it wasn't a special fare".