FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA "Special Fare" (AA Vacations, TYP, MR, etc.) Questions, EQD, Issues (merged)
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:16 am
Alex_I

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by Whodunit68
just a quick update...while the outbound MCO->LAX->PEK counted as special fare, for the second time that I upgraded a special fare (last one was AAV with a *), the return counted as fare-based. I've written AAdvantage CS 7 days ago about it and no reply as of yet. I'm confident that it likely won't change.
While I have zero issues that I'll reach EP this year, I would have enjoyed the additional EQMs towards my 150k for 2 more SWUs!
- This is the known issue. Once the ticket is re-issued it will loose the "special fare" and will post as fare based.
Instead of writing, I will call EXP desk. the desk will re-direct you to AA CS and they should be able to correct the issue. Be sure that the original ticket was issued with * after the fare class and be prepared to provide the proof. I never had a problem with * fares to credit properly but after the call.