FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rebooking not issued by KLM, refused check in
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:03 am
jochen_vdk

Programs: LH (SEN), IHG (Plat Amb)
Rebooking not issued by KLM, refused check in

I have rebooked a KLM ticket and received a rebooking confirmation by e-mail. In the app, the new flight data were visible, everything looked good.

The evening before the flight, I could not check in. Contacted the Facebook support team, asking to check my reservation. After a receiving a couple of useless messages (flight is not ready for check in, for example) they wrote something like "resevation is not liked, we will fix that for you".

At the airport, they refused to check me in. It is a station without KLM staff, so they don't understand the systems they are working with. They called their support hotline several times. Finally, they found out that the ticket had never been reissued by KLM and I have never paid for the ticket change - despite the rebooking confirmation I had received by e-mail. They offered me to rebook it for a large sum (much more expensive than I had to pay) and I refused, furthermore the agent told me it was too late anyway as she would never manage to get my ticket rebooked before the check in deadline.

I was left at the check in desk without other options, so I decided to call the KLM platinum service line. They confirmed the ticket had never been reissued, but told they could not do anything for me.

I booked a new ticket on another airline because I really had to get to my destination that evening.

What are my options? I have asked to rebook, filled in my credit card details and confirmed the rebooking. KLM confirmed the ticket had been rebooked, I got my new flight details per e-mail and on the website as well as the app the new flights showed up. My credit card has never been debited (however I did not know that). For me I had a ticket and was refused check-in. For KLM, I did not have a ticket so they do not see any problem...