Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rebooking not issued by KLM, refused check in

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
Originally Posted by jochen_vdk

Indeed. That sometimes happens, especially when I book on short notice like 2 hours before departure. I get the same kind of confirmation mail with reservation code but No ticket number. Payment details say „pending“ and sometimes the mail says I need to contact customer service to execute the payment manually. All clear.

If the payment has not gone through they should not send me a final confirmation.

That's because KLM makes the reservation on your card for 24 hours and doesn't actually charge it until then. So it's not actually pushed through unless they manually expedite it.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 4:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jochen_vdk
Just a short update - on the phone they insist they have done nothing wrong, I can't pull another type of answer out of them, no matter to whom I am talking. My complaint by e-mail is being ignored.
I am handing over the file to our company's legal department so that they can take the necessary steps. After all, much of the lost money was the company's. I am very curious about the outcome!
You might also look at EC261 denied boarding rules, given what you've said about your email confirming payment and having a ticket number, which sounds like a receipt instead of just a reservation. IIRC payment is given to the passenger for the inconvenience and is not viewed as a refund, which would go to the entity that paid for the ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.