FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2 flights in a row without Precheck, despite Global Entry # in profile
Old Oct 8, 2018, 10:36 am
mczlaw

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by dmodemd
That of course was my first thought but I don't keep my GE card in my wallet. I keep it with my passport [the only time I have ever needed it was when coming back on the road from Canada in the NEXUS lane. Turns out you MUST have the card, not just your passport and GE subscription]. I thought about maybe bringing it along but 1) it is yet one more card I have to fatten my wallet with and 2) one more thing to worry about getting stolen when I don't need it routinely. So I just emailed the KTN# to myself so I could search it again in the future.

Of course the app could try to be smart by populating the KTN field from your profile when you [re-]check-in, but that would be too helpful.
Writing on a cool, gray fall morning in Vancouver. Man, that NEXUS card probably saved me 45 minutes or more last night. It always stays in the wallet...cuz you just never know. If the wallet is too fat, maybe consider reducing the size of that big wad of cash
Chiming in on the main topic, I'm at 100% Precheck when traveling in USA. Only time I have a problem is when I book on one carrier and opening segment is on another, such as (on most recent adventure), AA ticket with opening segment on QX/AS. I couldn't check in at all, presumably document check required for later int'l segment (?), let alone generate a BP showing Precheck status. But with a few minutes at AS CS desk at PDX, got a BP with Precheck noted. Kind of a pain, but I know if I get tot he airport a few minutes early, it will be straightened out.