FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Int. Business Class & select wide-body N. America aircraft become 'Signature Service'
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:28 pm
YEG_SE4Life

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by TheOnlyWayTo Fly
So forgive me if I missed the answer but I started to glaze over on Page 11 of this thread. My question is... Mrs T and I are looking at travelling YVR-GIG-SCL-YVR in Dec/Jan in J. Despite SCL-YVR costing at least 50% more than YVR-GIG, we are still leaning towards AC but I would like to know how the service in J from YVR-YYZ-YVR in a narrowbodied aircraft compares these days to taking a widebody. I realise the difference in the seating but how does the narrowbodied onboard service and food and wine compare? Is it worth trying to stick with a widebody for the transcon flights? Any wisdom will be much appreciated.
I do frequent Transcons. I can't say that I really notice the difference in the soft product. I find that the meal selection is good, regardless of your choice. Perhaps it is because I really don't pay that much attention to the differences between the 2. Instead, I try to choose the plane, narrow or wide body, that will offer wifi service. That is the deciding factor for me.