FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business class pricing to Asia - Why so high?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:36 am
Supima
Suspended

I guess only difference for me is that when I look at other airlines the pricing seems to be almost as high as UA - at least into HK. Cathay / American want about $8,200. Just seems really high to me but I guess maybe it's the new norm, just seems really high for what it is....

Originally Posted by LBJ
Roundtrip ZFX0WUME fares (requiring Mon - Thu departures) are $8145 and look to be the lowest available. There's a $500 peak travel surcharge for Nov 3 - 5 travel, and a $250 surcharge for Nov 6 travel. While there's Z available on Nov 5th, it's subject to the $500 surcharge. There's currently only D available on the Nov 13th return. There's Z available on the 14th, so travel from Nov 5 - Nov 14 is $8645 roundtrip (extra $500 due to surcharge) and Nov 6 - Nov 14 is $8395 roundtrip ($250 surcharge). Unless United happens to have some new fare filings between now and then (unlikely) these are the lowest fares you are going to get on them.
Thanks for the detail - I guess if I want to fly on a UA ticket for the PQD's I'm going to have to fly through China on the way back -- it saves thousands - $6,759 RT price with direct on the outbound....

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 7, 2018 at 10:31 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member