FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Grand Sydney Hyde Park, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia [Master Thread]
Old Oct 6, 2018, 11:47 pm
drron

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
I have just got home after 2 nights at the SOTP and quite frankly think I must have been staying at a different hotel than a few of the posters.Even though it is rare that I get an upgrade.I like the renovated rooms.The lounge evening spread is one of the best in Australia.prawns and oysters with plates replenished regularly.The prawns are large and succulent-much better than prawns I have had in other hotel lounges.Oysters are small but freshly shucked and tasty.
Then the comment about nothing else being available.wow.last night there were small pies,char sui bau and samosas for hot dishes.Smoked salmon and mackerel,beautiful taramasalata and Baba Ganoush,vegies with dips,crisps,two different sandwiches as well as a choice of 4 sweets plus fruit salad.
Service-never had a problem.our glass was refilled before we asked.
Though there was one Australian idiosyncracy spotted easily.We don't like people who put on airs and graces.Saw a couple of very entitled platinum premier elites,because they basically told everyone, not getting the service we got because of their demanding attitudes.

As to becoming a Sheraton grande why would plats lose lounge access?The stay before was at the SGS Bangkok.Sure no lounge but one of the better Sheratons for plat recognition.