Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Sydney Hyde Park, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 22, 2019, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grand Sydney Hyde Park, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2005, 9:10 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Arrow Sheraton Grand Sydney Hyde Park, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia [Master Thread]

Greetings,

Been busy posting on the SPG Advisory Board these days so it is fun to be back on Flyertak a little more lately.
I am sorry to hear there were some problems with your past stays.
Very surprising.
There are certain select hotels in the Starwood galaxy that I have the highest regard for.
One of those properties is "The Sheraton on the Park" in Sydney.

As a matter of fact for the many years I have been a guest of this hotel I have watched Starwood take a good hotel
(previously Sheraton Club International) and just continue make it that much better.
Like any hotel there are certainly going to be those bumps along the road.

I have always found this property to have extrodinary concern and respect for ALL SPG guests.As well as full integrity of the SPG program and benefits.

It was my hope a few years ago that the hotel would come back to the US and teach a few of the North America properties how to handle & take care of business.
The management at Sheraton on the Park has also been amazing to me and passionate about delivering the best performance standards possible.

In the past my room type was upgraded to a suite weeks before arrival.
You could see it right in your emailed copy of the reservation.
When I booked last minute the front lines still did everything possible at check in to get me the best available room in the house.Apolgizing for having other Platinums alraedy blocked in available suites.I couldn't ask for more then that.
Maybe that has since changed.
The Executive Club floor folks have also been exceptional.
I had the honor on my last stay of being taken on a private tour of the Club Lounge during the reconstruction when it was closed.
All I could see was concrete and dust Can't wait to see the finished product.
All the the above that I stated reflects numerous experiences from 1999 to 2003.I missed 2004 last year for the first time ever.

I will be there in the next few weeks and will report if anything has changed.
Simply can't wait to return suite or no suite.
It will be like looking after old friends to see what they are up too.
A great location and a classic hotel.
It always remains on my top three list anytime in Sydney. :-: :-: :-: :-:
I hope that never changes. Cheers All
Old Feb 8, 2005, 9:30 pm

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
777 global mile hound, were you able to get a suite blocked for you up coming stay? May be I should get Platinum Desk to help me out with that.
Old Feb 8, 2005, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Scott218
777 global mile hound, were you able to get a suite blocked for you up coming stay? May be I should get Platinum Desk to help me out with that.
The Platinum desk has nothing to do wth it.Other then to make your requests known to the hotel.
It is all based on the hotels in house decision to do so.

I will assume/guess depending on the inventory the hotel may have on hand they may vary procedures.This is high season to the best of my understanding so while my expectation is there I know also not to expect it for certain.
How I discovered in advance the past pre blocked upgrade was when the Plat desk emailed me my reservation at my request before my arrival.

Last I looked into my reservation I was still in a room.
Had not been upgraded yet. But the Plat desk has no control over pre blocking it is a hotel decision.The Westin Diplomat in Florida is another such property that has often pre blocked suites in the past.
Hope this helps.Best wishes on your hopeful upgrade .
If the past is anything to go on you should do just fine!
Old Mar 6, 2005, 7:07 pm
dd

Sheraton On The Park Sydney - Question RE: Breakfast?

i have a question that i couldn't find the answer to by searching. how is the lounge breakfast at the sheraton on the park in sydney? i am a platinum and have the option of booking a with breakfast rate for 2 people for $33/day more. i have read that the buffet breakfast is really good, but if the lounge breakfast is good as well, i will just save the money...

anything else i should know about the hotel? which type of room to request, etc?

thanks.

-dd.

Last edited by dd; Mar 6, 2005 at 11:10 pm Reason: Updated Title.
Old Mar 6, 2005, 11:20 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, *wood Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, A|Club Platinum, Avis President's Club
Thumbs up The Lounge Breakfast is Just Fine

^ The lounge breakfast includes many many cold items including a yummy Bircher muesli and also includes at least two hot items including eggs. There's no need to go to the downstairs buffet and pay. The lounge breakfast is more than sufficient and the hot part changes daily.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 3:19 am

Programs: PC Gold, IC Amb, GP Plat, QF Plat
lounge breakfast is fine

The lounge breakfast is fine. It has everything cold plus 2 hot dishes that changes daily.

You also get a much better view of Sydney when in the lounge.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 6:18 pm

Programs: Marriott plat, DL Diamond
I've logged 25 nights at this property already this year. The exec lounge is all everyone says. Great views and the food is more than enough. Also more personal service. Good afternoon snacks and cocktails too...

Don't get me wrong, the downstairs buffet is really nice and usually costs A$33 per person. At 2 for, that is a bargain..
Old Mar 7, 2005, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

The Sheraton on the Park delivers the goods including killer views

Greetings all,

Just feeling the full whammy of jet lag since returning from Melbourne,Au this morning.
I happened to stay at this property last week.The first time since I experienced the new renovated club lounge.The service was very good and the offerings amongst the best in Sydney.There is also a computer to get email in the lounge (a life saver).Not only is it worth every penny you pay but you can check in and out there avoiding the lobby if you have Platinum status or pay for club floor access.A class act.Don't miss it
Old Aug 20, 2005, 5:41 pm

Sheraton on the Park Sydney - platinum hospitality

Currently staying at SOTP. I have stayed here before, but not as platinum. Still a great hotel, but the lounge is a fantastic addition. Always a smiling face and great recognition of our loyalty to the program.

I have frequented the 4pts Sydney, mainly due to price, but it's a world of difference in hotel and especially platinum treatment...

Thank you Starwood!!
Old Oct 30, 2005, 5:11 pm

Recently stayed at this Hotel as part of RTW-- the staff at the lounge--especially Sally Nicoll-- was great. Did get a Parkview room but no suite--haven't managed a suite at this hotel in the last 3 stays.They did have a room ready even though I arrived very early from my Canada flight. It's still a great hotel.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 10:04 am

I've stayed here a few times this year too. A call from the airport on arrival usually ensures that a room is ready.. Nice enclosed swimming pool on the roof too. Club level is excellent.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 12:49 pm

Thanks! I had the exact same question as we're going to Sydney in a few weeks. It looks like the exec floor in the Westin only serves cold items, and the fact that the Sheraton serves hot items makes me lean towards the Sheraton. Has anyone stayed at both who can directly compare the two exec floor privileges? Also, anyone platinum who can comment on the chance of getting upgraded at either properties (the Westin and Sheraton Sydney).
Old Nov 5, 2005, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ac777
Recently stayed at this Hotel as part of RTW-- the staff at the lounge--especially Sally Nicoll-- was great. Did get a Parkview room but no suite--haven't managed a suite at this hotel in the last 3 stays.They did have a room ready even though I arrived very early from my Canada flight. It's still a great hotel.
Agree a great team member ^
Old Nov 5, 2005, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Wink Complaint

I have one major complaint with this hotel.
That they can't clone it and move it to a number of major cities in the US
I always leave fully satisfied with all my stays there and the
Westin in Sydney ^
It is just so farrrrrrr awayyyyyyy

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Nov 6, 2005 at 9:00 am
Old Nov 6, 2005, 8:58 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by Black Pepper Crab
Has anyone stayed at both who can directly compare the two exec floor privileges? Also, anyone platinum who can comment on the chance of getting upgraded at either properties (the Westin and Sheraton Sydney).
The Westin is a better hotel (by about a star), but both would make the top 2% of US properties. Fine hotels. The Wesin has a lot of suites on the Executive floors (the top 3 floors of the hotel); something like 40% suites, which greatly increases the chance for an upgrade. Wish more Westins were built like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.