FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FA on SYD-SFO insists 'rule book' prohibits babies from crying 'for more than 5 mins'
Old Oct 6, 2018, 9:26 pm
FlyingNone

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Originally Posted by greg99

I think this falls in the category of “it’s the thought that counts.”
.....and if the kid starts wailing 90% of the flight, that small bit of goodies is supposed assuage everyone else around them? To me it is a very lame gesture - almost embarrassing, as though the parents are saying "Please know by this small token that we are really good people so you should find a way to overlook and tune out the extremely annoying non-stop crying that might take place".
Pick up your baby and walk around with it and if you don't want to,....here's your candy back.

Seriously, I flew across the aisle from parents with a high-pitched wailing two year old on an 8 hour night flight from Tokyo to Singapore. They made no effort whatsoever to make the child comfortable while she "clawed" and whined at the mother for most of that time to at least sit on her lap. The father turned his back toward the window and slept the entire time, completely tuned out to his wife and daughter's discomfort (and everyone else's around them). Don't parents hear their kids screaming ?????